Our History

More than a century of community, personality, & history.

Since its construction of the corner of North 4th and Campbell streets in 1888, St. Andrew’s Presbyterian Church has been a spiritual, cultural, and community center for the Brooklyn neighborhood and beyond. Its 130-year story is filled with outstanding personalities and memorable moments that remain to this day a vital part of Wilmington’s remarkable history.

WRITTEN BY MATTHEW MARION, EDITED BY RICH LEDER